We believe Benjamin Franklin would approve of the updates and modern amenities put into one of his old city icons.
THE PHILADELPHIA CONTRIBUTIONSHIP
212 South Fourth St in Philadelphia, PA 19106
SPACE: 40,000+ square feet
The Philadelphia Contributionship (TPC) was organized by Benjamin Franklin in 1752 and incorporated in 1768. It provides insurance protection for the urban community
and surrounding areas.
This was a large-scale project that had to be accomplished within a fully occupied space without hindering day-to-day operations. This included installing an interconnecting staircase to all four floors. The goal was to create efficient workflow and modern amenities while respecting the historic character of an “Old City” icon.
Formcraft facilitated the combination of design, construction management and furnishings while providing a responsible point of contact for the entire project. This allowed TPC to remain focused on their daily business activities without unnecessary interruptions or major changes in routine.